Imagine walking through campus on a hot (read: humid+sweaty+sticky) day and coming across a table that was serving ice cold juice… for free! Wouldn’t you stop to cool off and find out what these guys were about?
That was our exact strategy out at orientation day on Namaka campus last Wednesday and we had an overwhelming response. The Student Life table was definitely the busiest table at the school foyer.
While students got a drink, we took the opportunity to talk to them a bit about the ministry and asked them to fill out a quick one-minute survey card that looked like this:
Tom, one of the student leaders that showed up to help did an awesome job talking to groups of students (at times twenty plus in a group) about who we are and how they can get involved. It’s always encouraging to see students step up.
- Please pray for the students that filled out cards. Over the next couple of weeks we will be making phone calls to see if we can connect with them. Pray that God would just prepare their hearts.
- Pray for the team as they begin these connections with students that God would provide opportunities for them to get into deeper conversations and share their personal testimony of life change.
- Our first Connexion (weekly meeting) begins February 14th. Perfect “date” wouldn’t you say?
- Our constitution has been approved by the Student Association and Student Life Namaka is now a registered body.
- Kelera, our latest team member has found an apartment and will be moving over from Suva this weekend.
- Visit our facebook page, it now has over 1,000 likes – www.facebook.com/StudentLifeNamaka
One thought on “Namaka Orientation”
That’s amazing bro
So great to read about what’s happening.
Love and blessings to you, Judith and baby.